Life can be a lot to handle sometimes. In the blink of an eye, things can happen that irrevocably change our lives–divorce, job loss, cancer diagnosis, death of a loved one, and more. Most often, it is many accumulating events, from career change and stress, to chronic pain, relocation, or the demands of child care that overwhelm us and push us past our current ability to cope. If you are in that place where hope, happiness, and the life you would like to live seems impossible to reach, I can help.
I know from first hand experience that we, as human beings, are more resilient than we recognize on our own. Even if it doesn’t feel like it right now, you have the strength to move forward & overcome whatever is holding you back & pulling you down. I became a counselor to help people persevere and recognize their own strength, even during the hardest times.
Whether it is a large, traumatic event or an accumulation of everyday stress negatively affecting you, I’m here to help abolish the barriers holding you back from a better life. My approach is to individualize care for each client & walk alongside you to build the life you want to live by helping you set goals, make changes, learn coping skills, and more!
Licensure & Certifications:
- Registered Psychotherapist (NLC) – Colorado
- Licensed School Counselor – Colorado (pending application processing)
- Professional Teaching License – Colorado and North Carolina
- Initial Principal License – Colorado and North Carolina
- Mental Health First Aid Certified
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health & School Counseling – Adams State University – 4.0 GPA – Graduated Summa Cum Laude August 2020
- Master of Arts in English, Rhetoric and Composition – Colorado State University – 4.0 GPA – Graduated Summa Cum Laude May 2013
- Bachelor of Arts in English, minor in Professional Writing – Colorado State University-Pueblo – 3.8 GPA – Graduated Magna Cum Laude May 2011
- Diploma in Holistic Health & Nutrition Coaching – Nutraphoria School of Holistic Nutrition – Completed August 2020
- 27 Post-graduate credit hours in Secondary Education & Educational Leadership completed at University of Colorado-Denver and Lamar University.